Costco Wholesale Australia member privileges and conditions
We look forward to serving you as a Costco member. Your membership and the privileges and conditions of membership are described below. If you have any questions, please ask our member services personnel at any Costco membership counter, or contact your local warehouse.
- Any use of a Costco Wholesale Australia membership card is subject to the Costco Wholesale Australia Member Privileges and Conditions
- Membership is available to all qualifying individuals 18 years of age and over.
- Costco reserves the right to refuse membership to any applicant and membership is revocable without cause.
- Membership is subject to any and all rules adopted by Costco including our privacy policies and practices, and they may be amended from time to time without notice.
Membership cards and fees
- Membership fee is for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of enrolment of the primary cardholder and entitles you to acquire products and services at any Costco location worldwide.
- Your card is valid at any Costco warehouse worldwide.
- Your membership card must have a card number and your photo to be valid. If your photo is not on your card, stop by the membership counter to have your photo taken and added to your card.
- If your card is ever lost or stolen, your picture prevents unauthorised use.
- Report lost or stolen cards to any Costco membership counter immediately, or contact your local warehouse.
- Memberships may be terminated at Costco’s discretion. Cards remain the property of Costco and must be returned upon request.
- Cards are not transferable.
- A free household card is available to a primary cardholder’s spouse, domestic partner, or immediate family member over the age of 18 and living at the same address. You must only provide the householder member's details where you have their consent to do so. Household cardholders will be asked to present proof that they live at the same address as the primary cardholder.
- You may bring up to two guests in the warehouse each time you shop, though only Costco members may purchase items.
- You will be required to show your membership card when entering any Costco warehouse and when checking out at a payment register. Photographs of membership cards cannot be used in warehouses in lieu of an actual membership card.
Renewing, adding or deleting cards
- The primary member must authorise renewal or cardholder changes, including additions or deletions, and is responsible for the membership.
- You will receive a renewal notice each year. Renewal fees are due no later than the last day of the month your membership expires. You may remit your renewal fee online at costco.com.au or at any Australian warehouse.
- Membership renewal must be completed for all cardholders on the membership when the renewal is processed.
- You will not receive new membership cards each year.
- Memberships renewed within 2 months after expiration of the current membership year will be extended for 12 months from the expiration date. Memberships renewed more than 2 months after such expiration will be extended for 12 months from the renewal date.
RETURN POLICY FOR CHANGE OF MIND*
- Each item is marked with an item number or a UPC Code. The price of the item, along with the description and identifying number, is posted above the item.
- We welcome cash, debit/ATM cards, VISA & Mastercard.
- Costco does not accept manufacturers’ discount coupons or other retail establishment discount coupons (other than those distributed by Costco).
- Costco does not accept cheques.
- Members are welcome to bring their children and up to two guests into the warehouse, however, only Costco members may purchase items.
- Parents are responsible for their children and should not leave them unattended.
- Members are responsible for their guests and other family members.
- Costco reserves the right to inspect any container, backpack, briefcase, etc., upon entering or leaving the warehouse.
- To ensure that all members are correctly charged for the merchandise purchased, all receipts and merchandise will be inspected as you leave the warehouse.
- Shirts and shoes are required.
- Liquor and tobacco sales cannot be made to minors.
- We respect your right to privacy and our Privacy Statement outlines our policies and practices in detail.
- Please obtain a copy from our membership counter, or view/read the privacy statement at costco.com.au
- For any enquiry please contact your local warehouse.
Australian Shop Card terms and conditions
Use of the Costco Shop Card constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
- You must be a Costco member to purchase or reload Costco Shop Cards.
- Available in denominations from $25 to $999.99.
- Members and non-members may use the Costco Shop Cards for the purchase of merchandise, services and Costco memberships at any Costco location in Australia, excluding purchases of petrol and excluding all online purchases.
- Costco Shop Cards have no expiration date.
- A member may reload a Costco Shop Card at any Costco Australia warehouse location. The member must bring the Costco Shop Card to the location.
- A member should retain the original register receipt for the Costco Shop Card. Costco Shop Cards generally cannot be replaced if lost or stolen and should be treated like cash. If the purchasing member retains the Costco Shop Card receipt any remaining value on a lost/stolen cash card may, at the discretion of Costco, be transferred to a new card for the member. Costco is not responsible for unauthorised use of a Costco Shop Card.
- A member may view the Costco Shop Card cash balance using this link www.costco.com.au/costco-shop-card-T&C.
- Shop Card balances cannot be applied as payments to any account or redeemed for cash (unless required by law), except that, for non-members only, a card balance of less than $10.00 may be redeemed for cash.
- The parties and these terms and conditions are subject to all applicable laws.
- Shop Cards must not be resold.