Ethics Hotline for Suppliers
We have implemented a global confidential ethics hotline as part of our continuing efforts to assure compliance with our Code of Ethics, our Vendor Code of Conduct, and other legal and ethical policies. Visit: costco.ethicspoint.com
This is a confidential tool available for use by any supplier who has reason to believe a Costco employee or supplier is in violation of these policies. (Transactional issues, such as deliveries, payments or other related items should not be addressed through this channel).
We encourage supplier reports of possible violations of policy and other misconduct, including violations of:
- Antitrust and competition laws;
- The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act;
- Insider trading restrictions;
- Accounting, financial reporting, and internal control rules;
- Health, safety, and environmental laws; and
- Costco's Vendor Code of Conduct.
The hotline also allows suppliers to raise issues involving personal misconduct by Costco employees or employees of Costco suppliers, including:
- Conflicts of interest;
- Gifts, favors, entertainment, and other payments;
- Confidential information;
- Political contributions; and
- Discrimination and sexual harassment.
Contacts can be made confidentially. Reports will go the Office of the General Counsel and the Chief Compliance Officer, who will investigate and discuss with the appropriate Senior Executive Officer.
This commitment is also assisted by creating and maintaining a Confidential Reporting (Whistleblower) Policy. If you would like to make a disclosure, please see the section of the policy entitled "How should disclosures be made". Click here to view our policy.