Spice up your midweek chicken dinner with this fiery curry.
- 400g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 3 tsp fish sauce
- 1–2 red chillies, finely chopped
- ¹⁄³ chopped coriander stems, plus coriander leaves to garnish
- ¼ cup peanut oil, plus extra 2 tsp
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 100g green beans, halved
- 1 small red capsicum, chopped
- 100g broccoli, cut into florets
- ²⁄³ cup bean sprouts
- 2 tbs shredded coconut, toasted
- 3 cups cooked long-grain white rice, to serve
Place onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric powder, curry powder, fish sauce, chillies, coriander stems and one-quarter cup of peanut oil into aand combine until a smooth curry paste forms.
Heat extra 2 teaspoons of peanut oil in a large deepover medium-high heat. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk, stir and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium.
Add the chicken and carrot to curry mixture and simmer for 4 minutes. Add the beans and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the capsicum and broccoli and simmer for a further 4 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and vegetables are just tender. Remove from heat and stir through lime juice.
Top chicken curry with bean sprouts, toasted coconut and coriander leaves. Serve with rice.